Navy apprehends suspicious dhow near Lakshadweep
New Delhi: The Indian Navy has apprehended a suspicious dhow in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) west of Bitra Island in the Lakshadweep Islands.
At around 2.00 pm on December 3, INS Rajput, on anti-piracy combing operations in the Eastern Arabian sea, apprehended the suspicious dhow.
The dhow with 19 foreigners on board is being escorted to Kavaratti in the Lakshadweep Islands to be handed over to the police.
The Navy is continuing to deploy additional ships and aircraft to carry out anti-piracy sanitization in the area West of Lakshadweep Islands.
Through its sustained presence in the Gulf of Aden and swift action in other hot spots of piracy in the Arabian Sea, the Indian Navy has ensured reduction in incidents of piracy in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’