Navy apprehends suspicious dhow near Lakshadweep
New Delhi: The Indian Navy has apprehended a suspicious dhow in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) west of Bitra Island in the Lakshadweep Islands.
At around 2.00 pm on December 3, INS Rajput, on anti-piracy combing operations in the Eastern Arabian sea, apprehended the suspicious dhow.
The dhow with 19 foreigners on board is being escorted to Kavaratti in the Lakshadweep Islands to be handed over to the police.
The Navy is continuing to deploy additional ships and aircraft to carry out anti-piracy sanitization in the area West of Lakshadweep Islands.
Through its sustained presence in the Gulf of Aden and swift action in other hot spots of piracy in the Arabian Sea, the Indian Navy has ensured reduction in incidents of piracy in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan