Navy apprehends suspicious dhow near Lakshadweep
New Delhi: The Indian Navy has apprehended a suspicious dhow in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) west of Bitra Island in the Lakshadweep Islands.
At around 2.00 pm on December 3, INS Rajput, on anti-piracy combing operations in the Eastern Arabian sea, apprehended the suspicious dhow.
The dhow with 19 foreigners on board is being escorted to Kavaratti in the Lakshadweep Islands to be handed over to the police.
The Navy is continuing to deploy additional ships and aircraft to carry out anti-piracy sanitization in the area West of Lakshadweep Islands.
Through its sustained presence in the Gulf of Aden and swift action in other hot spots of piracy in the Arabian Sea, the Indian Navy has ensured reduction in incidents of piracy in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why