Navy apprehends suspicious dhow near Lakshadweep
New Delhi: The Indian Navy has apprehended a suspicious dhow in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) west of Bitra Island in the Lakshadweep Islands.
At around 2.00 pm on December 3, INS Rajput, on anti-piracy combing operations in the Eastern Arabian sea, apprehended the suspicious dhow.
The dhow with 19 foreigners on board is being escorted to Kavaratti in the Lakshadweep Islands to be handed over to the police.
The Navy is continuing to deploy additional ships and aircraft to carry out anti-piracy sanitization in the area West of Lakshadweep Islands.
Through its sustained presence in the Gulf of Aden and swift action in other hot spots of piracy in the Arabian Sea, the Indian Navy has ensured reduction in incidents of piracy in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters