Navy chief evasive on whether Adarsh a security threat
New Delhi: Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma
was on Wednesday evasive on whether the controversial Adarsh Housing
Society building was a security threat, saying issues such as
ownership of land and violation of environmental regulations
were also attached to it.
"There are many more issues involved in it with respect
to the very title of the land and violation of environmental
regulations," he told reporters here.
The Navy chief was asked if the building was a security
Refusing to comment on Environment Ministry`s
recommendation to demolish the scam-tainted building for
violating coastal regulations, Verma said, "These are issues
under the purview of court and civil administration."
The 31-storey building in the upmarket Colaba area is
allegedly constructed on defence land and has been termed as a
security threat by the Western Naval Commander also.
A CBI probe is already under progress and it is looking
at the role of senior retired and serving officers, including
three former Services chiefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you