Navy chief evasive on whether Adarsh a security threat
New Delhi: Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma
was on Wednesday evasive on whether the controversial Adarsh Housing
Society building was a security threat, saying issues such as
ownership of land and violation of environmental regulations
were also attached to it.
"There are many more issues involved in it with respect
to the very title of the land and violation of environmental
regulations," he told reporters here.
The Navy chief was asked if the building was a security
Refusing to comment on Environment Ministry`s
recommendation to demolish the scam-tainted building for
violating coastal regulations, Verma said, "These are issues
under the purview of court and civil administration."
The 31-storey building in the upmarket Colaba area is
allegedly constructed on defence land and has been termed as a
security threat by the Western Naval Commander also.
A CBI probe is already under progress and it is looking
at the role of senior retired and serving officers, including
three former Services chiefs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference