Navy chief visiting Myanmar
New Delhi: Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma is
on a four-day visit to Myanmar to discuss ways to strengthen
During the visit which began on August 23, the Navy Chief
met his military counterparts and discussed ways of enhancing
cooperation in maritime affairs.
The Naval Chief would return tomorrow after meeting top
military and political leadership of Myanmar, Navy officials
India and Myanmar share a common maritime boundary in the
Bay of Bengal and the two sides have participated in
multilateral exercises also.
The relations between the two navies hold significance as
the defence exchanges between India and Myanmar had started
through them only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29