Navy chief visiting Myanmar
New Delhi: Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma is
on a four-day visit to Myanmar to discuss ways to strengthen
During the visit which began on August 23, the Navy Chief
met his military counterparts and discussed ways of enhancing
cooperation in maritime affairs.
The Naval Chief would return tomorrow after meeting top
military and political leadership of Myanmar, Navy officials
India and Myanmar share a common maritime boundary in the
Bay of Bengal and the two sides have participated in
multilateral exercises also.
The relations between the two navies hold significance as
the defence exchanges between India and Myanmar had started
through them only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!