Navy Chief`s brother appointed Assistant Chief of Naval Staff
New Delhi: Rear Admiral Bimal Kumar Verma, the younger brother of Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma, has been appointed as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Information Warfare and Operations) at the Defence Ministry headquarters here.
The officer recently assumed the charge of his new office on the first floor of South Block, just a few rooms next to the Navy Chief`s office, Navy officials said here.
They said it is for the first time that two brothers are holding such important offices in the same building complex.
With an illustrious career, Rear Admiral Verma is one of the possible contenders for the top post in the Navy few years down the line, they said.
Admiral Verma is retiring as the Navy Chief on August 31 and will be succeeded by Navy Chief-designate and Western Navy Commander Vice Admiral Devendra Kumar Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites