Navy has taken serious note of mishaps: Naval Chief
Kochi: The Chief of Naval Staff Admiral RK Dhowan on Wednesday said that the Indian Navy has taken a `serious note` of the recent accidents involving its submarines and the probe reports are in different stages.
"Inquiry procedures are very detailed. These are different incidents. The inquiry reports are in different stages. Some submitted by command, some at examination at naval headquarters," the Naval chief, who is on a two day visit to Kerala, said in a brief interaction with media here.
Responding to queries if probe reports on mishaps concerning naval ships and submarines had been submitted, he said, "What was important is that even before the probe report has been submitted, some `stringent recommendations` have been made on measures to be taken and these have been communicated to every single platform of the Indian Navy including ships, submarines and aircraft."
The intention is that we should operate these platforms in a professional manner to ensure that we follow procedures and see that we do not make mistakes, Dhowan said.
About some reports quoting `Q` branch police at Chennai that interrogation of a Sri Lankan national, a suspected ISI agent arrested recently, revealed that there were plans to attack the Southern Naval command and Ezhimala Naval academy, he said "We are always alert. We are a fighting force and we will always be alert to take on any contingency and the aspect of safety and security of our assets and personnel is of paramount importance."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway