Navy War Room Leak case: CBI raids key suspect
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday raided the premises of alleged arms dealer Abhishek Verma, who is a key suspect in the Navy War Room Leak case.
According to reports, the raids are being conducted at ten places belonging to the US-based businessman in Delhi and Gurgaon.
Ahead of conducting fresh raids, the central probe agency also registered an FIR against Verma.
The FIR was filed after Verma’s former close aide Edmond Allen told the investigators that the US-based businessman was involved in forgery and money laundering.
Allen also submitted documents pertaining to the Navy War Room Leak case to the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
Based on Allen’s submission, the CBI alleges that Verma took money to get a Swiss company out of government`s blacklist.
The CBI raids come a day after a British court deferred the hearing in the extradition case of Naval War Room leak accused Ravi Shankaran till October.
Shankaran, kin of former Naval chief Arun Prakash, was arrested in London in May last year on the basis of an Interpol Red Corner notice secured against him by the CBI which has pressed for his early extradition to India.
A retired Naval Commander, Shankaran was accused of smuggling sensitive classified information out of the Navy War Room and passing them to arms dealers.
The CBI had dispatched a two-member team to London to assist British law officers in the extradition trial. It also furnished a 50-page reply to objections raised by the defence on emails submitted as evidence in the court.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal