Navy warship rescues motor launch crew
Mumbai: Indian Naval Warship Vindhyagiri
rescued the motor launch ML Kartiki and its four crew, on Tuesday
about 270 nautical miles west of Mumbai coast.
The motor launch was on passage from Mumbai to Mundra
Port in Gujarat and had been adrift since November 27 due to
engine failure, a Defence spokesperson said.
As there was no communication with the crew, the owner
sought assistance from the Coast Guard and the Indian Navy,
INS Vindhyagiri successfully located ML Kartiki in the
early hours today and promptly provided medical aid and food
to the crew members who were later handed over to the Coast
Guard for being escorted to harbour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal