Nawaz Sharif`s special envoy meets PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Pakistan Premier`s special envoy Shaharyar M Khan on Friday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and conveyed Islamabad`s "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India.
He also delivered a letter from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India, a statement released by the Pakistan High Commission here said.
The letter also conveys Pakistan`s "sincere desire to move forward on improving relations with India. These sentiments were warmly reciprocated by Singh," it said.
The Special Envoy also met National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai.
He will also be calling on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"