Nawaz Sharif`s special envoy meets PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Pakistan Premier`s special envoy Shaharyar M Khan on Friday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and conveyed Islamabad`s "sincere desire" to move forward on improving relations with India.
He also delivered a letter from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif containing warm expressions of goodwill and good wishes for Singh, the government and people of India, a statement released by the Pakistan High Commission here said.
The letter also conveys Pakistan`s "sincere desire to move forward on improving relations with India. These sentiments were warmly reciprocated by Singh," it said.
The Special Envoy also met National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai.
He will also be calling on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation