Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh reminder of terror threat: Canada
New Delhi: Canada has condemned the Naxalite attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh saying this is a "stark reminder of the threat that terrorism poses to the people of India and the region".
Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird said "this extremism is despicable and is a stark reminder of the grave threat that terrorism poses to the people of India and the region. We expect that the perpetrators of this horrendous attack will be brought to justice".
"Canada stands with the people of India as they work tirelessly to defend and advance the cause of democracy in South Asia and around the world", a Canadian High Commission press release quoted Baird as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi