Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh reminder of terror threat: Canada
New Delhi: Canada has condemned the Naxalite attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh saying this is a "stark reminder of the threat that terrorism poses to the people of India and the region".
Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird said "this extremism is despicable and is a stark reminder of the grave threat that terrorism poses to the people of India and the region. We expect that the perpetrators of this horrendous attack will be brought to justice".
"Canada stands with the people of India as they work tirelessly to defend and advance the cause of democracy in South Asia and around the world", a Canadian High Commission press release quoted Baird as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today