Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh reminder of terror threat: Canada
New Delhi: Canada has condemned the Naxalite attack on the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh saying this is a "stark reminder of the threat that terrorism poses to the people of India and the region".
Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird said "this extremism is despicable and is a stark reminder of the grave threat that terrorism poses to the people of India and the region. We expect that the perpetrators of this horrendous attack will be brought to justice".
"Canada stands with the people of India as they work tirelessly to defend and advance the cause of democracy in South Asia and around the world", a Canadian High Commission press release quoted Baird as saying.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'