Naxal attack: VC Shukla to be cremated at his farm
Raipur: The mortal remains of veteran Congressman Vidya Charan Shukla would be consigned to flames at his farm house on the outskirts of the city on Wednesday, family sources said.
He liked to spend time at his picturesque farm house at Labhandi village near here and wished to be cremated at the farm house itself, they said.
"He had built a platform on the back side of the farmhouse and told us that his final rites should be performed at the same platform. We will follow his last wish," Kunal Shukla, a close relative of VC Shukla told PTI.
"Spread over an area of around 40 acres, Shukla`s farm house was named after his Guru Radheshyam. He usually stayed at the farm house. He also wished that on that platform, religious programmes should also be held from time to time after his cremation," Kunal Shukla said.
Vidya Charan Shukla, a former Union minister, died today at a Gurgaon hospital after battling injuries sustained in a deadly Naxal attack on a convoy of party leaders on May 25.
Meanwhile, spokesperson of Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said that his body would be airlifted to Raipur tonight.
"His body will be kept at Congress Bhawan on Wednesday morning where people will be able to pay their tributes. Later, it would be taken to his parental house at Budhapara from where the funeral procession will start and the final rites will be performed at his farm house," Trivedi said.
According to sources, his wife Sarla Shukla and three daughters were reaching Raipur by a charter plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!