Naxal-hit C`garh, J`khand lag in utilising central agri-funds
New Delhi: Naxal-affected Chhattisgarh has spent only 48 per cent of about Rs 680 crore released to the state under various agricultural schemes during the first 10 months of this fiscal, according to government data.
In a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Agriculture Tariq Anwar said the Centre is implementing around 10 schemes for development of agriculture in the country including Naxal-affected states.
"The performance of these schemes is reviewed from the time to time....The deficiencies identified in implementation of these schemes are taken up with the state governments concerned for remedial action," he said.
Anwar submitted the data on status of utilisation of funds allocated under these schemes to nine Naxal-affected states -- Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
According to the data, Chhattisgarh was allocated Rs 688.24 crore this fiscal. Of this, Rs 680 crore has been disbursed and the state has been able to spend only Rs 326.46 crore till January of 2012-13 financial year.
The state has spent only Rs 206.56 crore under flagship Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) out of Rs 480 crore released, while it has used Rs 24.19 crore out of Rs 48.73 crore under the National Food Security Mission (NFSM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest