Naxal-hit C`garh, J`khand lag in utilising central agri-funds
New Delhi: Naxal-affected Chhattisgarh has spent only 48 per cent of about Rs 680 crore released to the state under various agricultural schemes during the first 10 months of this fiscal, according to government data.
In a written reply to the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Agriculture Tariq Anwar said the Centre is implementing around 10 schemes for development of agriculture in the country including Naxal-affected states.
"The performance of these schemes is reviewed from the time to time....The deficiencies identified in implementation of these schemes are taken up with the state governments concerned for remedial action," he said.
Anwar submitted the data on status of utilisation of funds allocated under these schemes to nine Naxal-affected states -- Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
According to the data, Chhattisgarh was allocated Rs 688.24 crore this fiscal. Of this, Rs 680 crore has been disbursed and the state has been able to spend only Rs 326.46 crore till January of 2012-13 financial year.
The state has spent only Rs 206.56 crore under flagship Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) out of Rs 480 crore released, while it has used Rs 24.19 crore out of Rs 48.73 crore under the National Food Security Mission (NFSM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in