Naxals ambush police patrol in Bihar, seven cops dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: At least seven policemen were killed in a Naxal attack in Bihar on Tuesday.
Naxals ambushed a police petrol party in Aurangabad district using a landmine, killing seven policemen.
According to Inspector General of Police Sushil Khopde, officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar also died in the attack.
The cops were coming back to Tandwa police station from Nabinagar after patrolling when the landmine exploded near Uttri kol nahar.
It is feared that the casualty figure might go up, Khopde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- British PM Theresa May rules out post-Brexit Irish border control
- AAP to petition HC over 'false' cases used to 'frame' its MLAs
- Hair-raising CCTV footage: MP labourer touches high-voltage live electric wire – See what happens next
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- One arrest in Bangladesh over boy`s gruesome killing