Naxals ambush police patrol in Bihar, seven cops dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: At least seven policemen were killed in a Naxal attack in Bihar on Tuesday.
Naxals ambushed a police petrol party in Aurangabad district using a landmine, killing seven policemen.
According to Inspector General of Police Sushil Khopde, officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar also died in the attack.
The cops were coming back to Tandwa police station from Nabinagar after patrolling when the landmine exploded near Uttri kol nahar.
It is feared that the casualty figure might go up, Khopde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam