Naxals ambush police patrol in Bihar, seven cops dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: At least seven policemen were killed in a Naxal attack in Bihar on Tuesday.
Naxals ambushed a police petrol party in Aurangabad district using a landmine, killing seven policemen.
According to Inspector General of Police Sushil Khopde, officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar also died in the attack.
The cops were coming back to Tandwa police station from Nabinagar after patrolling when the landmine exploded near Uttri kol nahar.
It is feared that the casualty figure might go up, Khopde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror