Naxals ambush police patrol in Bihar, seven cops dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: At least seven policemen were killed in a Naxal attack in Bihar on Tuesday.
Naxals ambushed a police petrol party in Aurangabad district using a landmine, killing seven policemen.
According to Inspector General of Police Sushil Khopde, officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar also died in the attack.
The cops were coming back to Tandwa police station from Nabinagar after patrolling when the landmine exploded near Uttri kol nahar.
It is feared that the casualty figure might go up, Khopde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs