Naxals ambush police patrol in Bihar, seven cops dead
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: At least seven policemen were killed in a Naxal attack in Bihar on Tuesday.
Naxals ambushed a police petrol party in Aurangabad district using a landmine, killing seven policemen.
According to Inspector General of Police Sushil Khopde, officer in-charge of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar also died in the attack.
The cops were coming back to Tandwa police station from Nabinagar after patrolling when the landmine exploded near Uttri kol nahar.
It is feared that the casualty figure might go up, Khopde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing