Naxals blow anti-landmine vehicle, 5 CRPF men killed
Patna: At around 6.20 AM on October 18, the Maoists triggered an IED explosion which destroyed the anti-landmine vehicle carrying about a dozen CRPF personnel engaged in a combing operation against Maoists in Bihar’s Gaya district, Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Magadh Range, Nayyar Hasnain Khan said.
The slain CRPF men were identified as Sub-Inspector Ramji Ram, constables Vikramaditya Yadav, Ashok Nirala and Rai Singh and the driver Lal Babu.
Hasnain said that four of the injured CPRF personnel were flown by a helicopter to Patna for treatment, while the other jawan was undergoing treatment at the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital at Gaya.
Another CRPF jawan, who was also travelling in the anti-landmine vehicle, was missing, the DIG said.
The incident occurred at near Chakarbanda forests in Barha village of the district when the CRPF vehicle was going for an operational duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron