Naxals easily blending into tribal identity: CRPF DG
Gurgaon: Naxalites are "easily" blending into the tribal identity and security forces are up against a dangerous enemy in the red zone, the chief of paramilitary CRPF said here on Wednesday.
"Here (in Left Wing Extremism hit areas) the enemy is not an outsider waging war from outside but a group within which is determined to overthrow the democratic values which the nation has so assiduously built up.
"Moreover, here the enemy blends into the landscape of the tribal identity very easily," CRPF Director General Dilip Trivedi told a batch of 190 young officers of the paramilitary during their passing out ceremony here.
Trainee cadets, now Assistant Commandant rank officers, today passed out from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officers training academy located at Kadarpur here.
The DG exhorted the young officers to be "one step ahead" of their adversaries as Naxals and other insurgents operating in the country are changing their tactics and "constantly adopting latest techniques to outwit the security forces."
"You will have to battle this formidable, and at times, invisible enemy using your tact and skills acquired during this training. You will have to lead your men against this dangerous enemy in a hostile terrain and be responsible for their safety while achieving the desired results," Trivedi said as the young officers listened to him in rapt attention.
He said that being an officer in the country`s largest paramilitary force is a "demanding" career and, henceforth, the call of duty should be the most important thing for them.
The officers, including four women, have been trained for an year in techniques of weapon handling, firing, combat, geographical studies, counter-insurgency and Naxal operations skills and they would now be inducted in the anti-Maoist operations theatre of the force.
The CRPF is a three-lakh personnel strong force and was raised in 1939.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’