Naxals gradually losing ground in the country: CRPF
Lucknow: A top CRPF officer on Thursday said Naxalism was gradually losing ground in the country due to proper action and the force was capable of facing any challenge posed by them.
"They (Naxals) are on the decline mainly because of proper actions taken against them," CRPF DG Dilip Trivedi told reporters here, adding, "we are capable of facing any challenge from them."
When asked whether there was any political pressure on him in the state, Trivedi said he had been posted in UP since 2007 and had never felt any pressure.
Replying to a question on any input from the CRPF in the Governor`s report on law and order situation in the state, Trivedi said, "No input has been given by the CRPF to anybody."
He praised the CRPF`s role in the Muzaffarnagar violence saying that it had acted promptly and was capable to repeat it if needed in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand