Naxals killed 7,700 people since 2001
New Delhi: Naxals have killed over 7,700 people, including 2,036 security personnel, in different parts of the country in the last decade.
Maoists have killed 5,665 civilians and 2036 security personnel since 2001, Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told the Lok Sabha.
"During the last three years, Left Wing Extremists outfits have abducted 1,594 persons. Some of these abductions are for ransom," he said.
The civilians killed by the Naxals are usually branded as `police informers`, `class enemies` etc. Many of them are `tried` in kangaroo courts called Jan-Adalats and tortured and then brutally killed.
"Statements of several surrendered women CPI(Maoist) cadres of Odisha, Maharashtra, Bihar, Jharkhand and other states have disclosed several instances of sexual exploitation in Maoist camps," the minister said.
Singh said Left Wing Extremists groups, particularly CPI(Maoists), resort to imposition of levy through coercive means from a variety of sources, including contractors, businessmen and industries.
While replying another question, the minister said 327 personnel of Central Armed Police Forces were killed in various incidents during the last three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened