Naxals launch five attacks in 12 hours
New Delhi: The Maoists have launched five attacks across the country in the last twelve hours during the 2-day bandh called by the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) to protest the killing of their spokesperson Cherukuri Rajkumar alias Azad by the police in Andhra Pradesh.
Maoists attacked a Congress leader`s house on Thursday in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district, killing one of his family members and an associate.
The Naxals also attacked several police stations and railway stations across Chattisgarh in which at least 2 policemen have been killed.
Three CRPF camps were also attacked in the area but no casualties have been reported.
While in Orissa, around fifty Maoists attacked the Keonjhar police station and set it on fire. They abducted a police man and set a beat forest house on fire.
In Jharkhand, railway tracks in Latehar and Dhanbad were blown up but no casualties have been reported till now.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed