Naxals making forays into southern states
New Delhi: The Naxals are making forays into Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu under the supervision of the South West Regional Bureau of CPI(Maoist) and engaged in establishing a forest route in the area.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told Rajya Sabha that the Maoists plans include creating a base on the border of Kerala and Karnataka.
"The CPI(Maoist) cadres, active in the Wayanad district of Kerala have also been known to engage in efforts aimed at establishing a forest route from Wayanad district to Mysore district of Karnataka. The CPI(Maoist) is gradually expanding their activities in these states," he said.
Singh said the Central government has sensitised the Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu governments in this regard and has also advised them to take necessary preventive and pre-emptive measures to foil the efforts of the CPI(Maoist) aimed at revival of its movement in these states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!