Naxals may try to target urban areas: Sushilkumar Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After the massacre of 27 people, including Congress leaders, in Chhattisgarh, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said that full protection will be given to politicians working in Naxal-affected states.
Shinde said that the Home Ministry has got specific information that Naxals may try to target urban centres.
The Home Minister will visit Chhattisgarh tomorrow.
Maoists on Saturday evening ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in a heavily forested area in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, killing 28 people. Among those killed were state Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, party leader Mahendra Karma and former legislator Uday Mudliyar.
The injured included former union minister VC Shukla.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today