‘Naxals trying to expand activities in urban areas’
New Delhi: Naxals have been trying to expand their activities in urban areas and their plans include sabotage and selective assassinations in cities, the Lok Sabha was told on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh said the CPI(Maoist) has been making efforts to expand its activities in urban areas through overground front organisations and members of such organisations masquerade as `activists` espousing causes which mainly supplement the activities of underground cadres in direct and indirect ways.
Singh said the front organisations provide safe hideouts to armed cadres and also facilitate procurement of supplies to Maoist war machinery.
"They also initiate legal action on various issues to slow down the enforcement regime. They are also adept at dissemination of propaganda and disinformation to demonize the state and security forces," he said.
The Minister said a strategy of CPI(Maoist) for urban areas is documented in a paper titled `Urban Perspective` and according to it the group would mobilise working classes in urban areas, build a united front of classes similarly placed to the working classes and military tactics involving sabotage actions and select assassinations by `action teams`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read