NBA looking into media`s role in Assam molestation case
New Delhi: The Information and Broadcasting ministry Monday said it had received a petition about the role of media in an incident of molestation in Assam and forwarded it to the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA).
The information was shared in the Rajya Sabha by Minister of State in the I&B ministry C M Jatua.
"A petition in this regard (Assam molestation incident) was received by the ministry, which sent it to NBSA - a self regulatory body set up by News Broadcasters Association (NBA) for immediate necessary action," he said in a written reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation