NBA looking into media`s role in Assam molestation case
New Delhi: The Information and Broadcasting ministry Monday said it had received a petition about the role of media in an incident of molestation in Assam and forwarded it to the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA).
The information was shared in the Rajya Sabha by Minister of State in the I&B ministry C M Jatua.
"A petition in this regard (Assam molestation incident) was received by the ministry, which sent it to NBSA - a self regulatory body set up by News Broadcasters Association (NBA) for immediate necessary action," he said in a written reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?