NC chief Farooq Abdullah demands CBI probe against VK Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: National Conference (NC) chief Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday called for a CBI probe against former Army chief Gen VK Singh, who is under scanner over reports that attempts were made to topple the Jammu and Kashmir government during his tenure.
Farooq Abdullah made the demand shortly after his party colleague Mustafa Kamal also made similar demands against VK Singh.
"We want a credible central investigation on the reports against VK Singh & also the charges that he has made against certain J&K ministers," Mustafa Kamal said.
Doubting the veracity of the claims made by Singh, the NC leader said, "We have doubts about these bodies (TSD) as far as J&K is concerned."
He also accused the former Army chief of not conducting himself in a fair and transparent manner.
"He is trying to hide behind the smokescreen now that there are revelations on his conduct," Kamal said adding, "Where was he when there were revelations on his conduct, why is he talking about all this now, why not earlier?"
The sharp reactions from the J&K politicians come in the wake of claims allegedly made by the former Army chief that "certain ministers" in the state are given money by the army for "stability" and that this has been going on since Independence.
However, Singh had refuted all allegations against him as baseless and untrue.
In the wake of allegations against VK Singh, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today asked him to reveal the names of the ministers to whom money was given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video