NC, Cong depriving people of their rights: Mufti
Jammu: Criticising the National Conference (NC) government for trampling democratic institutions in the state to remain in power, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday said the Congress was equally responsible for depriving people of their democratic rights.
"The present dispensation headed by NC is trampling democratic institutions in the state, just to remain in power.
"Congress is equally responsible for depriving people the state`s people of their legitimate democratic rights," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public meeting in Mishriwalla area in Raipur-Domana on the outskirts of Jammu city on Saturday.
"It is a historical fact that NC undermines sanctity of democratic institutions in the state, but it is unfortunate that Congress, which is part of the present government, is also playing a dubious role in strengthening Panchayati institutions or holding civic bodies elections in the state," Mufti said.
"NC is a stumbling block in decentralising power at grass root level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video