NC, Cong depriving people of their rights: Mufti
Jammu: Criticising the National Conference (NC) government for trampling democratic institutions in the state to remain in power, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday said the Congress was equally responsible for depriving people of their democratic rights.
"The present dispensation headed by NC is trampling democratic institutions in the state, just to remain in power.
"Congress is equally responsible for depriving people the state`s people of their legitimate democratic rights," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public meeting in Mishriwalla area in Raipur-Domana on the outskirts of Jammu city on Saturday.
"It is a historical fact that NC undermines sanctity of democratic institutions in the state, but it is unfortunate that Congress, which is part of the present government, is also playing a dubious role in strengthening Panchayati institutions or holding civic bodies elections in the state," Mufti said.
"NC is a stumbling block in decentralising power at grass root level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'