NC, Cong depriving people of their rights: Mufti
Jammu: Criticising the National Conference (NC) government for trampling democratic institutions in the state to remain in power, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Saturday said the Congress was equally responsible for depriving people of their democratic rights.
"The present dispensation headed by NC is trampling democratic institutions in the state, just to remain in power.
"Congress is equally responsible for depriving people the state`s people of their legitimate democratic rights," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public meeting in Mishriwalla area in Raipur-Domana on the outskirts of Jammu city on Saturday.
"It is a historical fact that NC undermines sanctity of democratic institutions in the state, but it is unfortunate that Congress, which is part of the present government, is also playing a dubious role in strengthening Panchayati institutions or holding civic bodies elections in the state," Mufti said.
"NC is a stumbling block in decentralising power at grass root level," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?