NC to support UPA nominee for VP post
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said his National Conference will support the UPA nominee for the post of Vice President of the country.
"I support the UPA`s candidate for VP (Vice President). Let a decision be arrived at first regarding the person," Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
On Vice President Hamid Ansari`s candidature for the post, he said, "I thought the PM`s discussions with political parties regarding Hamid Ansari for VP were to be confidential until a final decision was taken."
The National Conference, which is part of the UPA at the Centre, has already announced its support to Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President. The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito