NC to support UPA nominee for VP post
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said his National Conference will support the UPA nominee for the post of Vice President of the country.
"I support the UPA`s candidate for VP (Vice President). Let a decision be arrived at first regarding the person," Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
On Vice President Hamid Ansari`s candidature for the post, he said, "I thought the PM`s discussions with political parties regarding Hamid Ansari for VP were to be confidential until a final decision was taken."
The National Conference, which is part of the UPA at the Centre, has already announced its support to Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President. The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read