NC to support UPA nominee for VP post
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said his National Conference will support the UPA nominee for the post of Vice President of the country.
"I support the UPA`s candidate for VP (Vice President). Let a decision be arrived at first regarding the person," Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
On Vice President Hamid Ansari`s candidature for the post, he said, "I thought the PM`s discussions with political parties regarding Hamid Ansari for VP were to be confidential until a final decision was taken."
The National Conference, which is part of the UPA at the Centre, has already announced its support to Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President. The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM