NC to support UPA nominee for VP post
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said his National Conference will support the UPA nominee for the post of Vice President of the country.
"I support the UPA`s candidate for VP (Vice President). Let a decision be arrived at first regarding the person," Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
On Vice President Hamid Ansari`s candidature for the post, he said, "I thought the PM`s discussions with political parties regarding Hamid Ansari for VP were to be confidential until a final decision was taken."
The National Conference, which is part of the UPA at the Centre, has already announced its support to Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President. The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?