NC to support UPA nominee for VP post
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said his National Conference will support the UPA nominee for the post of Vice President of the country.
"I support the UPA`s candidate for VP (Vice President). Let a decision be arrived at first regarding the person," Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
On Vice President Hamid Ansari`s candidature for the post, he said, "I thought the PM`s discussions with political parties regarding Hamid Ansari for VP were to be confidential until a final decision was taken."
The National Conference, which is part of the UPA at the Centre, has already announced its support to Pranab Mukherjee for the post of President. The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31