NC youth wing protests Israel offensive against Palestine
Srinagar: National Conference`s Youth wing on Wednesday took out a march here to protest the "unacceptable atrocities" against Palestinians by Israel and sought United Nations` intervention to end the "innocent" killings in Gaza.
The protest rally started from the party`s headquarters at Nawa-e-Subah complex and culminated outside the office of UN Military Observers Group for India and Pakistan at Sonawar.
The marchers, who were carrying black flags, raised slogans like "down with Israel", "Gaza Gaza, Save Gaza", and went through TRC and Dalgate amid tight security.
The protesters were led by NC`s Additional General Secretary Sheikh Mustafa Kamal and Youth president Salman Ali Sagar who addressed the rally at several places and tried to submit a memorandum of protest to the United Nations.
Sagar decried the UN Office`s refusal to acknowledge the memorandum of protest and said, "UN cannot wash its hands off of their duty to protect the people of any nation."
Strongly condemning the Israel`s action, Sagar urged the UN to act at the earliest to halt the "innocent" killings in Gaza.
They also urged the Centre to use its influence on Israel to end the illegal action against the population of Gaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation