NC youth wing protests Israel offensive against Palestine
Srinagar: National Conference`s Youth wing on Wednesday took out a march here to protest the "unacceptable atrocities" against Palestinians by Israel and sought United Nations` intervention to end the "innocent" killings in Gaza.
The protest rally started from the party`s headquarters at Nawa-e-Subah complex and culminated outside the office of UN Military Observers Group for India and Pakistan at Sonawar.
The marchers, who were carrying black flags, raised slogans like "down with Israel", "Gaza Gaza, Save Gaza", and went through TRC and Dalgate amid tight security.
The protesters were led by NC`s Additional General Secretary Sheikh Mustafa Kamal and Youth president Salman Ali Sagar who addressed the rally at several places and tried to submit a memorandum of protest to the United Nations.
Sagar decried the UN Office`s refusal to acknowledge the memorandum of protest and said, "UN cannot wash its hands off of their duty to protect the people of any nation."
Strongly condemning the Israel`s action, Sagar urged the UN to act at the earliest to halt the "innocent" killings in Gaza.
They also urged the Centre to use its influence on Israel to end the illegal action against the population of Gaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city