NCC sets up camps in Naxal-affected districts
New Delhi: National Cadet Corps have set up camps in around 600 districts, including Naxal-affected ones, across the country as part of its attempt to encourage the youths join the mainstream.
"We have set up several camps in about 600 districts in the country including backward areas like Bastar. We will be training our cadets there," NCC Director General Lt Gen P S Bhalla said here.
The NCC has commenced its Republic Day camp here which is being attended by around 2,000 cadets from across the country.
We are trying to include as many schools and colleges from backward areas to the list of institutions where youngsters can enrol in the Corps, the NCC Director General said.
Training module has been revised to accommodate the changing aspirations of the new cadets. The new module focus on development of soft skills and personality, he said.
Lt Gen Bhalla said they are focusing this year on the revision of the training curriculum that can be synchronised with the curriculum of the schools and colleges across the country.
"We are in talks with the HRD Ministry and the UGC, to integrate NCC training as a subject in schools and colleges across the country," he said.
When asked about the enquiry into the mishap that led to the death of five NCC cadets at the Malayattoor dam in Kerala, the DG said a court of enquiry has been ordered under a Brigadier.
"We have a zero tolerance towards such mishaps and we will make sure that no such incidents occur," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre