NCERT to introduce theatre as a subject at secondary level
Shimla: National Council for Education and
Technical Research (NCERT) is likely to introduce theatre as a
full fledged subject for the students from IX to XII classes.
"Theatre as a subject has been approved and is likely
to be introduced from next academic year", Kedar Thakur,
general secretary of "Sankalp", a society for art, culture,
knowledge and human understanding, said.
Thakur claimed that Director of National School of Drama
(NSD) Anuradha Kapoor has already suggested that the aspects
of theatre be included in the curriculum at secondary school
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter