NCERT’s core syllabi in science, maths at +2 level
New Delhi: The National Council of Education
Research and Training (NCERT) has developed core syllabi in
Science and Mathematics at the higher secondary level and a
core syllabus in Commerce would be completed by next month.
The idea is to provide a level-playing field to all
students to join professional courses, HRD Minister Kapil
Sibal said in Rajya Sabha today.
He said 21 educational boards had earlier agreed to adopt
a core curriculum in science and mathematics at secondary
level following a consensus arrived on this issue at the
Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) meet in August 2009
to bring uniformity in these streams.
"Accordingly, NCERT has developed core syllabi in Biology,
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at higher secondary stage
in collaboration with Council of Boards of Secondary Education
and CBSE," he said.
Sibal said the core syllabus for Commerce stream is likely
to be completed by next month.
In August 2009, CABE had emphasised the need for all
states to modify their curriculum, syllabi and textbooks on
the basis of NCF-2005.
"It also endorsed the need for a core curriculum in
science and mathematics at secondary and higher secondary
levels across all Education Boards in the country, so as to
provide a level playing field to all students to join
professional courses," Sibal said during the Question Hour.
However, he once again made it clear the government has no
proposal to enforce a uniform school curriculum.
Sibal had earlier said all the 30 boards in the country
have their own points of view and in such circumstances it was
difficult to implement a uniform school curriculum at
secondary and higher secondary level.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India