NCM requests for filling of vacancies
New Delhi: The National Minorities Commission (NCM) has requested Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill its vacancies and nominate representatives for Muslim, Christian and Buddhist communities.
"I have requested PMO and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill these vacancies in the Commission. I have also talked to them over phone on this issue," NCM Chief Wajahat Habibullah said.
He also said that several eligible candidates have already applied for these posts.
"These applications have already been forwarded to the government and due procedure will be followed for nominating people on these posts," he said.
These posts are vacant in the Commission for some time. Presently Sikh community is being represented by Ajaib Singh while Parsis are being represented by former IPS officer K N Daruwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened