NCM requests for filling of vacancies
New Delhi: The National Minorities Commission (NCM) has requested Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill its vacancies and nominate representatives for Muslim, Christian and Buddhist communities.
"I have requested PMO and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill these vacancies in the Commission. I have also talked to them over phone on this issue," NCM Chief Wajahat Habibullah said.
He also said that several eligible candidates have already applied for these posts.
"These applications have already been forwarded to the government and due procedure will be followed for nominating people on these posts," he said.
These posts are vacant in the Commission for some time. Presently Sikh community is being represented by Ajaib Singh while Parsis are being represented by former IPS officer K N Daruwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam