NCM requests for filling of vacancies
New Delhi: The National Minorities Commission (NCM) has requested Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill its vacancies and nominate representatives for Muslim, Christian and Buddhist communities.
"I have requested PMO and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill these vacancies in the Commission. I have also talked to them over phone on this issue," NCM Chief Wajahat Habibullah said.
He also said that several eligible candidates have already applied for these posts.
"These applications have already been forwarded to the government and due procedure will be followed for nominating people on these posts," he said.
These posts are vacant in the Commission for some time. Presently Sikh community is being represented by Ajaib Singh while Parsis are being represented by former IPS officer K N Daruwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH