NCM requests for filling of vacancies
New Delhi: The National Minorities Commission (NCM) has requested Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill its vacancies and nominate representatives for Muslim, Christian and Buddhist communities.
"I have requested PMO and Minorities Affairs Ministry to fill these vacancies in the Commission. I have also talked to them over phone on this issue," NCM Chief Wajahat Habibullah said.
He also said that several eligible candidates have already applied for these posts.
"These applications have already been forwarded to the government and due procedure will be followed for nominating people on these posts," he said.
These posts are vacant in the Commission for some time. Presently Sikh community is being represented by Ajaib Singh while Parsis are being represented by former IPS officer K N Daruwala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley