NCP criticises BJP, but says Shinde`s remarks unwarranted
Mumbai: While criticising BJP over its nationwide protest against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, UPA partner NCP on Thursday said that Shinde`s remarks on saffron terrorism were "unwarranted".
NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here that BJP used terrorism plank to further its political interests. "The party has no moral right to organise such a protest. They want to ensure that religious sentiments are hurt, which can help their petty politics," Malik alleged.
At the same time, he said, NCP was of the view that Shinde`s remarks were "unwarranted". "An individual, or the organisation he is associated with, is responsible for the terrorism and not the religion or caste he belongs to," Malik said. Instead of making statements, Shinde should take action against those involved in terrorist acts, he said.
Maharashtra government had already sought a ban on (Hindu right-wing) organisations like Abhinav Bharat and Sanatan Sanstha, Malik noted.
Malik also lashed out at Shiv Sena for distributing kitchen knives and chili powder to women for self-defence, saying that arming did not mean empowerment.
"What is the motive?... Giving women a weapon does not mean empowering them. Shiv Sena should first change its attitude to women. The late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray used to say that women should look only after the kitchen and children," Malik quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly