NCP demands legislation to protect agricultural land
Puducherry: The NCP has urged the Congress
government here to bring forward a legislation to protect
fertile farmlands and prevent activities of realtors, saying
that rapid conversion of agricultural lands into non farm
projects was causing various social ills.
G P Sarathy, secretary, NCP`s national committee, said the
Centre had made it clear that agricultural land should be used
only for agro related activities. But the Puducherry
administration was closing its eyes against realtors
activities, causing damage to the farm sector affecting
farmers and labourers.
G Sundaramoorthy, NCP local unit president, who was also
present, said NCP workers staged a demonstration near the
chief secretariat here today, demanding implementation of a
legislation to protect agricultural lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people