NCP demands legislation to protect agricultural land
Puducherry: The NCP has urged the Congress
government here to bring forward a legislation to protect
fertile farmlands and prevent activities of realtors, saying
that rapid conversion of agricultural lands into non farm
projects was causing various social ills.
G P Sarathy, secretary, NCP`s national committee, said the
Centre had made it clear that agricultural land should be used
only for agro related activities. But the Puducherry
administration was closing its eyes against realtors
activities, causing damage to the farm sector affecting
farmers and labourers.
G Sundaramoorthy, NCP local unit president, who was also
present, said NCP workers staged a demonstration near the
chief secretariat here today, demanding implementation of a
legislation to protect agricultural lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Immigration control a top priority: Stephen Crabb who is running to replace David Cameron
- Four Indian-Americans to be honoured with Great Immigrants Award
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart