NCP dismisses Manohar Joshi`s claim about Pawar quitting UPA
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday dismissed Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi`s statement that Sharad Pawar was on his way out of UPA and may join the opposition NDA alliance.
"What one should say is a personal choice. We are now with UPA and will continue to be with UPA. However, it is difficult to say when someone would come out (of UPA) and when someone would step in," state NCP spokesperson Madan Bafna said here.
Joshi, former Lok Sabha Speaker, had recently said, "(NCP chief) Sharad Pawar will come with NDA someday. The NDA should be expanded; efforts should be made in this direction."
His remarks came in the aftermath of recent friction between NCP and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days