NCP dismisses Manohar Joshi`s claim about Pawar quitting UPA
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday dismissed Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi`s statement that Sharad Pawar was on his way out of UPA and may join the opposition NDA alliance.
"What one should say is a personal choice. We are now with UPA and will continue to be with UPA. However, it is difficult to say when someone would come out (of UPA) and when someone would step in," state NCP spokesperson Madan Bafna said here.
Joshi, former Lok Sabha Speaker, had recently said, "(NCP chief) Sharad Pawar will come with NDA someday. The NDA should be expanded; efforts should be made in this direction."
His remarks came in the aftermath of recent friction between NCP and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...