NCP dismisses Manohar Joshi`s claim about Pawar quitting UPA
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday dismissed Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi`s statement that Sharad Pawar was on his way out of UPA and may join the opposition NDA alliance.
"What one should say is a personal choice. We are now with UPA and will continue to be with UPA. However, it is difficult to say when someone would come out (of UPA) and when someone would step in," state NCP spokesperson Madan Bafna said here.
Joshi, former Lok Sabha Speaker, had recently said, "(NCP chief) Sharad Pawar will come with NDA someday. The NDA should be expanded; efforts should be made in this direction."
His remarks came in the aftermath of recent friction between NCP and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed