NCP dismisses Manohar Joshi`s claim about Pawar quitting UPA
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday dismissed Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi`s statement that Sharad Pawar was on his way out of UPA and may join the opposition NDA alliance.
"What one should say is a personal choice. We are now with UPA and will continue to be with UPA. However, it is difficult to say when someone would come out (of UPA) and when someone would step in," state NCP spokesperson Madan Bafna said here.
Joshi, former Lok Sabha Speaker, had recently said, "(NCP chief) Sharad Pawar will come with NDA someday. The NDA should be expanded; efforts should be made in this direction."
His remarks came in the aftermath of recent friction between NCP and Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka