NCP downplays fresh Bofors controversy
New Delhi: NCP on Wednesday sought to downplay the fresh allegations in the Bofors matter, saying there is no basis for any case against the Congress or the government.
"I do not think there can be any case against Congress or government on the issue. There is no basis for it," NCP spokesperson DP Tripathy told reporters outside Parliament.
BJP has decided to rake up the Bofors pay-offs issue in Parliament in wake of fresh allegations that Rajiv Gandhi may have soft-pedalled the probe to protect Italian businessman Ottavio Quattrocchi.
The Bofors issue had rocked the nation 25 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?