NCP for a broader UPA coalition in 2014 polls
Nagpur: The NCP would like a broader UPA coalition with parties like the AIADMK and BJD at the time of next general elections, it said on Monday.
"The single-party domination has virtually come to an end and coalition compulsions will dominate future politics. Therefore, if the Congress-led UPA broadens its network of partners by including Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha`s AIADMK and Odisha Chief Minister Biju Patnaik`s BJD, it will become a larger secular front," NCP`s chief national spokesperson D P Tripathi said while talking to reporters here.
Asked about SP president Mulayam Singh`s offer to NCP to join the `third front`, Tripathi said NCP wanted other parties to come together (under UPA`s umbrella).
To a question on how DMK and AIADMK can be together in the UPA, Tripathi pointed out that SP and BSP -- rivals in regional politics -- were already supporting the ruling coalition.
Coalitions were working successfully in 46 countries in the world including 37 in Europe, he said adding that though it had no presence in Karnataka, the NCP might field a few candidates in the coming Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark