NCP hits out at Congress over ordinance episode
Mumbai: Taking a dig at Congress over the sequence of events leading to scrapping of the ordinance on convicted lawmakers, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Thursday suggested that the party might include Rahul Gandhi in its core group to avoid such embarrassment in the future.
"The sanctity of Constitutional posts needs to be maintained... We feel that due thought should be given before taking a decision and once a decision is taken (by the Cabinet) one should be firm on it," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said today.
"I have nothing to comment on what Congress leaders are saying. I feel Congress should include Rahul Gandhi in the core committee, which also includes ministers, so that such a development is averted in future," Malik said.
Cabinet has the right to rescind any of its decisions, he said, but expressed displeasure over the "sequence of events" leading to the withdrawal of the controversial ordinance.
He also referred to Rahul`s barging into the press conference of Congress spokesperson Ajay Maken, who at that point was defending the ordinance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read