NCP hits out at Congress over ordinance episode
Mumbai: Taking a dig at Congress over the sequence of events leading to scrapping of the ordinance on convicted lawmakers, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Thursday suggested that the party might include Rahul Gandhi in its core group to avoid such embarrassment in the future.
"The sanctity of Constitutional posts needs to be maintained... We feel that due thought should be given before taking a decision and once a decision is taken (by the Cabinet) one should be firm on it," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said today.
"I have nothing to comment on what Congress leaders are saying. I feel Congress should include Rahul Gandhi in the core committee, which also includes ministers, so that such a development is averted in future," Malik said.
Cabinet has the right to rescind any of its decisions, he said, but expressed displeasure over the "sequence of events" leading to the withdrawal of the controversial ordinance.
He also referred to Rahul`s barging into the press conference of Congress spokesperson Ajay Maken, who at that point was defending the ordinance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered