NCP minister for decentralisation of transfer powe
Nashik: Maharashtra Rural Development minister and NCP leader Jayant Patil has said that he favours the decentralisation of transfer powers vested with the ministers.
"Almost 70 per cent of those visiting the state secretariat (Mantralaya) are there to seek transfers of officers," Patil said here.
Therefore, there is a need to remove transfer rights of the ministers and decentralisation of transfer powers, he said yesterday.
He added that, if this happens, ministers will be able to focus on policy work and solve problems of the people.
Patil was honoured with the late Madhavrao Limaye memorial `efficient MLA` award at a function here yesterday. The award carried Rs 50,000 and a memento.
Criticising Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) president Raj Thackeray, Patil said NCP is strong and active in Maharashtra, as a result of which Raj often criticises NCP ministers.
"Raj knows that if he does not talk about NCP ministers, TV channels will not show his public speech," Patil alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH