NCP to back UPA candidate in Prez election: Sule
Mumbai: Sharad Pawar-led NCP on Sunday said here that the party would support the "UPA candidate" in the forthcoming Presidential election.
"NCP would back the UPA candidate...The final decision would be taken by Sharad Pawar on this," said Baramati MP and Pawar`s daughter Supriya Sule here this afternoon.
When asked about the possible candidature of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Sule said, "He is a very senior leader...I am not eligible to comment on him."
Sule was talking to reporters after the launch of NCP`s `Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress`, a new wing for young women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'