NCP to back UPA candidate in Prez election: Sule
Mumbai: Sharad Pawar-led NCP on Sunday said here that the party would support the "UPA candidate" in the forthcoming Presidential election.
"NCP would back the UPA candidate...The final decision would be taken by Sharad Pawar on this," said Baramati MP and Pawar`s daughter Supriya Sule here this afternoon.
When asked about the possible candidature of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Sule said, "He is a very senior leader...I am not eligible to comment on him."
Sule was talking to reporters after the launch of NCP`s `Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress`, a new wing for young women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'