NCP to back UPA candidate in Prez election: Sule
Mumbai: Sharad Pawar-led NCP on Sunday said here that the party would support the "UPA candidate" in the forthcoming Presidential election.
"NCP would back the UPA candidate...The final decision would be taken by Sharad Pawar on this," said Baramati MP and Pawar`s daughter Supriya Sule here this afternoon.
When asked about the possible candidature of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Sule said, "He is a very senior leader...I am not eligible to comment on him."
Sule was talking to reporters after the launch of NCP`s `Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress`, a new wing for young women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why