NCP to set up trade union for unorganised sector
New Delhi: In a bid to spread its influence
among working class, NCP will be setting up its trade union
`Rashtravadi Mazdoor` focusing on the unorganised sector.
Party chief Sharad Pawar made the announcement saying such
an organisation was needed to organise workers in the
unorganised sector in the changed economic scenario.
Addressing a meeting of the party`s Labour Cell, Pawar
expressed concern that 98 per cent of the workers were in the
unorganised sector and their plight was sad.
He said the labour scene has undergone a dramatic change
and the Rashtriya Mill Mazdoor Sangh in Mumbai which once
boasted of lakhs of workers as members has now only a few
thousand as the composite cotton mill concept has become a
thing of a past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY