NCP to set up trade union for unorganised sector
New Delhi: In a bid to spread its influence
among working class, NCP will be setting up its trade union
`Rashtravadi Mazdoor` focusing on the unorganised sector.
Party chief Sharad Pawar made the announcement saying such
an organisation was needed to organise workers in the
unorganised sector in the changed economic scenario.
Addressing a meeting of the party`s Labour Cell, Pawar
expressed concern that 98 per cent of the workers were in the
unorganised sector and their plight was sad.
He said the labour scene has undergone a dramatic change
and the Rashtriya Mill Mazdoor Sangh in Mumbai which once
boasted of lakhs of workers as members has now only a few
thousand as the composite cotton mill concept has become a
thing of a past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!