NCP to set up trade union for unorganised sector
New Delhi: In a bid to spread its influence
among working class, NCP will be setting up its trade union
`Rashtravadi Mazdoor` focusing on the unorganised sector.
Party chief Sharad Pawar made the announcement saying such
an organisation was needed to organise workers in the
unorganised sector in the changed economic scenario.
Addressing a meeting of the party`s Labour Cell, Pawar
expressed concern that 98 per cent of the workers were in the
unorganised sector and their plight was sad.
He said the labour scene has undergone a dramatic change
and the Rashtriya Mill Mazdoor Sangh in Mumbai which once
boasted of lakhs of workers as members has now only a few
thousand as the composite cotton mill concept has become a
thing of a past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28