NCP to set up trade union for unorganised sector
New Delhi: In a bid to spread its influence
among working class, NCP will be setting up its trade union
`Rashtravadi Mazdoor` focusing on the unorganised sector.
Party chief Sharad Pawar made the announcement saying such
an organisation was needed to organise workers in the
unorganised sector in the changed economic scenario.
Addressing a meeting of the party`s Labour Cell, Pawar
expressed concern that 98 per cent of the workers were in the
unorganised sector and their plight was sad.
He said the labour scene has undergone a dramatic change
and the Rashtriya Mill Mazdoor Sangh in Mumbai which once
boasted of lakhs of workers as members has now only a few
thousand as the composite cotton mill concept has become a
thing of a past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'