NCP to set up trade union for unorganised sector
New Delhi: In a bid to spread its influence
among working class, NCP will be setting up its trade union
`Rashtravadi Mazdoor` focusing on the unorganised sector.
Party chief Sharad Pawar made the announcement saying such
an organisation was needed to organise workers in the
unorganised sector in the changed economic scenario.
Addressing a meeting of the party`s Labour Cell, Pawar
expressed concern that 98 per cent of the workers were in the
unorganised sector and their plight was sad.
He said the labour scene has undergone a dramatic change
and the Rashtriya Mill Mazdoor Sangh in Mumbai which once
boasted of lakhs of workers as members has now only a few
thousand as the composite cotton mill concept has become a
thing of a past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'