NCP`s protest near 2G court alerts security staff
New Delhi: The attempt made by NCP workers
in Patiala House Court complex to beat up the man who had
slapped Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar alerted the security
which swung into action to protect the high-profile accused in
2G spectrum scam and the Special judge trying the case.
No sooner the policemen posted near the courtroom of
special judge O P Saini came to know that Pawar`s supporters
have tried to assault his attacker Harvinder Singh near the
lock-up, they took up position at the entry and asked the
court staff to bolt the two doors leading to the courtroom.
Around 25 NCP supporters shouted slogans and tried to
assault Singh outside the courtroom of Metropolitan Magistrate
Jasjeet Kaur, which is adjecent to the court hearing the 2G
"To assault a respectable leader like Sharad Pawar is not
at all acceptable. We will again try to assault Harvinder
Singh after 14-days," said one of the NCP supporter waving the
They shouted slogans "Sharad Pawar Zindabad" inside the
court premises and blocked the traffic for around 10 minutes
on the arterial road of India Gate but they were dispersed by
During the proceedings, Harvinder Singh shouted slogans
of "Shahid Bhagat Singh Zindabad, Rajguru Zindabad" inside the
court room. He refused to have a lawyer to defend himself
saying "I do not have any hope from the government. I have
full faith in you (judge)."
Referring to NCP`s protests in Mumbai, he said "this
is not Mumbai. This is Delhi. Why are you doing `chakka jam`
there when the incident happened here".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH