NC`s motto is public service: Farooq Abdullah
Srinagar: National Conference patriarch Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday said his party would continue with its mission of public service and was committed to addressing grievances of the people in an effective manner.
"The motto of the National Conference is to put the interests of the common man above power and politics and this mission of public service will continue with sincerity of purpose," he said, meeting several delegations here.
Abdullah assured the delegations that the NC would leave no stone unturned to alleviate their problems for the ultimate goal of public welfare and prosperity.
The NC president said various new proposals were under the consideration of the state government and the National Conference would advocate a pro-people approach on various issues raised by the delegations.
"Power is not an end in itself but means to an end. The ultimate goal of politics is to improve the lives of citizens -- socially, economically and politically. It was this approach that formed the base of NC`s agenda," he said.
The Omar Abdullah-led government had initiated various schemes for employment generation and entrepreneurship development and at the same time avenues were created in the public sector as well.
"The National Conference has advocated a greater emphasis on job-creation in both public and private sectors to give continuity to efforts of the government to curb unemployment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital