NCTC doesn’t trample upon powers of states: Gehlot
New Delhi: Supporting the creation of NCTC, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday said the proposed body does not "trample" upon the powers of the states.
The Rajasthan Chief Minister made a few suggestions including that there should be two-way communication between the NCTC and the States and it should share information with them to make it more effective.
"I fail to understand how any of NCTC`s functions would trample upon the already existing powers of the states... creation of the NCTC is the need of the hour," Gehlot said in his speech at the meeting of Chief Ministers on NCTC.
The creation of the proposed anti-terror body is being supported by Congress-ruled states whereas it is facing resistance from West Bengal, where its ally Trinamool Congress is in power, and the BJP states.
Noting that creation of NCTC was the "crying need" of the hour, the Rajasthan Chief Minister said terrorists were operating internationally and had the capability to strike in two to three states simultaneously where the local police will have limitations in collecting intelligence.
"They are not able to collect data at the national level nor do they have enough human resources that they can be sent to far off places to collect all relevant data.
"The state governments are not in a position to conduct an interstate operation despite their resolve. Only a national level agency like the NCTC, with adequate resources, technology and reach extending to the entire nation can conduct such operations," Gehlot said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah