‘NCTC essential for avoiding future abductions’
Chennai: Stressing the importance of a national agency to curb internal and external terrorist threats to the country, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Friday said a National Counter Terrorism Centre was essential to avoid incidents like the recent abduction of Odisha MLA Jhina Hikaka and Sukma collector Alex Paul Menon.
"We need to have an agency like NCTC in the country to avoid incidents like what happened recently in Odisha and Chhattisgarh, where an MLA and a Collector were abducted by the Maoists.NCTC will not take away the rights of the states," Narayanasamy told reporters here on arrival from Delhi.
He said the next meeting to discuss NCTC was scheduled for May 5 in Delhi.
About Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s request to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh requesting allocation of the entire power to be generated by two units (2000 mw) of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant to Tamil Nadu, he said, "Even I have spoken to the Prime Minister and Power Minister Shinde in this regard."
Narayanasamy declined to comment on DMK chief Karunanidhi`s comments on forming a `Eelam` for Tamils in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you