NCW asks police to probe indecent women pix on condom covers
New Delhi: NCW has directed Delhi Police to inquire into a complaint of alleged indecent representation of women on condom covers of a company and revert to it within 30 days.
The move was initiated after Inder Sain Dua lodged a complaint with the National Commission for Women against the owner of a health care product firm having factories in Noida and Mathura.
In his complaint to NCW, Dua alleged that the company was using indecent and pornographic pictures of women on condom wrappers and selling them in Delhi and rest of the country.
On receiving the complaint, the Commission summoned the company owner.
His advocate told the Commission that the respondent had changed the earlier pictures used in packing the products.
A member of the Commission then asked the Deputy Commissioner of Police to inquire into the matter and if cognisable offence disclosed, they should register an FIR against the company.
It has asked police to revert in this regard within 30 days.
The Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986, prohibits publication, exhibition, advertisement, pamphlet, book, film photograph or representation which contains an indecent representation of women in any form.
The Ministry of Women and Child Development had included some amendments to the act which were approved by the Union Cabinet in October, 2012, and are pending to be passed in Parliament.
Once passed, it will enhance punishment for the first offence with a fine of Rs 50,000 and jail term of three years and for subsequent offence, the fine has been fixed for Rs 1 lakh.
The amended bill will also empower police officer not below the rank of inspector to carry out search and seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm