NCW forms committee to probe AI air hostess` charge
New Delhi: The National Commission for
Women (NCW) on Tuesday constituted a five-member committee to probe
the allegations of an Air India air hostess that she was
molested and assaulted by two pilots on board a Delhi-bound
The committee has been asked to submit its report
within a month.
"We have constituted a committee. They will have to
submit a report within a month. They will talk to all those
involved in the incident as well as the passengers of the
flight," NCW Chairperson Girija Vyas told agency.
The airhostess had approached the women`s body
yesterday with her complaint and the Commission had then
sought a report from the national carrier.
The Commission has asked Air India to submit the
report within 15 days, Vyas said.
The-five member NCW panel will be headed by Commission
member Wansuk Syem, former District Judge Jagan Nath, lawyer
Kunwarjeet Sigh, Manorama Bawa and Mohinder Singh Malik.
The committee will look into the circumstances in
which the incident took place as well as recommending remedial
measures on how to avoid recurrence of such incidents.
Asked about Air India`s decision to suspend a pilot
allegedly involved in the incident, Vyas said "it is a good
sign which shows that they (Air India Management) are going in
the right direction."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!