NCW registered 872 complaints this year
New Delhi: The National Commission of Women (NCW) has received 872 complaints, including 540 cases of domestic violence, this year.
In a written response to a question in Rajya Sabha, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said the NCW takes action as per the nature of complaints received by them.
The NCW received 100 cases related to dowry deaths, 120 related to dowry demand and 41 related to harassment of widows, she said.
The Commission had received 5,391 complaints last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’