NCW registered 872 complaints this year
New Delhi: The National Commission of Women (NCW) has received 872 complaints, including 540 cases of domestic violence, this year.
In a written response to a question in Rajya Sabha, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said the NCW takes action as per the nature of complaints received by them.
The NCW received 100 cases related to dowry deaths, 120 related to dowry demand and 41 related to harassment of widows, she said.
The Commission had received 5,391 complaints last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read