NCW to launch 24/7 toll-free call centre for women
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) is planning to launch a 24/7 toll-free call centre soon in a bid to provide speedy justice to victims and bring better synergy with states.
With this, NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma said all complaints can be registered online.
"We have noticed a communication gap between NCW and state bodies because of which a huge number of cases remain pending. To eliminate this, we have decided to set up a 24/7 toll-free call centre within three months," Sharma said.
The complainants will also be given advice and guidance regarding their cases by the call centre executives, who will be employees of the NCW, she said, adding with the online registration of their cases, the victims would not have to come all the way to Delhi.
The idea is to provide speedy relief to the victims by assuring them justice in their respective states, Sharma said, adding that this is why the Commission is in touch with various women organisations to properly implement this plan.
"We are also starting a campaign, Mahila Adhikar Abhiyan, from November 19 to November 23 in four states - Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Kerala," she said.
On March 08, the International Women`s Day, the NCW will honour all those women, especially, in rural areas who have been fighting for the women`s rights, she said.
Sharma said soon the NCW will have its new office in Jasola village where 3,000 sq m land had been allotted to it two years ago. The three-storey building will have a conference hall and library.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre