NCW to launch 24/7 toll-free call centre for women
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) is planning to launch a 24/7 toll-free call centre soon in a bid to provide speedy justice to victims and bring better synergy with states.
With this, NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma said all complaints can be registered online.
"We have noticed a communication gap between NCW and state bodies because of which a huge number of cases remain pending. To eliminate this, we have decided to set up a 24/7 toll-free call centre within three months," Sharma said.
The complainants will also be given advice and guidance regarding their cases by the call centre executives, who will be employees of the NCW, she said, adding with the online registration of their cases, the victims would not have to come all the way to Delhi.
The idea is to provide speedy relief to the victims by assuring them justice in their respective states, Sharma said, adding that this is why the Commission is in touch with various women organisations to properly implement this plan.
"We are also starting a campaign, Mahila Adhikar Abhiyan, from November 19 to November 23 in four states - Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Kerala," she said.
On March 08, the International Women`s Day, the NCW will honour all those women, especially, in rural areas who have been fighting for the women`s rights, she said.
Sharma said soon the NCW will have its new office in Jasola village where 3,000 sq m land had been allotted to it two years ago. The three-storey building will have a conference hall and library.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured