NCW writes letters to Chidambaram and Moily on Aarushi case
New Delhi: Terming the closure report filed by the CBI in the Aarushi murder case as "saddening", the National Commission for Women on Friday shot off letters to the Home Minister and Law Minister seeking a relook into the case.
"India today has advanced greatly in the field of science and technology and it will be unfortunate if the CBI the premier investigating agency of the country expresses its
helplessness to find and nail down the culprits of a murder as gruesome as Aarushi`s," NCW Chairperson Girija Vyas told reporters here.
She further said that no stone should be left unturned to solve cases like this to send message of deterrence that perpetrators of such crimes can never escape the long arms of
Referring to the closure report as "saddening", Vyas said she will request the Prime Minister to look into the matter to take whatever steps that may be necessary in this
"I have this morning also written to the Home Minister and the Law Minister in this regard," she added.
14-year-old Aarushi was murdered in the intervening night of May 15-16 in 2008 along with their domestic help Hemraj, whose body was found from the terrace of the house.
After a detailed two-and-a-half year probe marked by botched up investigations, the CBI said it found it impossible to reach any plausible conclusion because of lack of concrete
forensic evidence at the crime scene to nail the culprits and decided to close the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...