NCW`s views to be included in anti-dowry law
New Delhi: The Women and Child Development Ministry is eliciting views of other ministries before amending the anti-dowry Act on the basis of recommendations of the National Commission for Women (NCW), the Rajya Sabha was informed Thursday.
"We have sought views from other departments on the proposed amendment to the Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961," Minister of State for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said during Question Hour.
The amendment bill was drafted taking into account NCW`s recommendations relating to definition of dowry, provision of registration of lists of gifts received at the time of marriage and provision of separate penalties for giving and taking of dowry.
Replying to a separate question, she said 19 states, including Bihar and Rajasthan, have formulated dowry prohibitive rules on the model circulated by the Centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy