ND Tiwari declares Rohit Shekhar as his political `heir`
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari on Wednesday declared his wife Ujjwala Sharma and his son Rohit Shekhar as his legal `heirs`.
Reports quoted Tiwari as saying that Rohit will be his family and political `heir`.
The mother-son duo, on their part, thanked Tiwari reposing his faith in them.
Tiwari had married Ujjwala Sharma in May this year after a six-year-old legal battle.
Tiwari, the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, was involved in a lengthy legal battle with Sharma, a retired teacher, to accept Shekhar as his biological son.
The Delhi High Court had on April 22 held that Tiwari was the biological father of Rohit. Ahead of the court verdict, Tiwari had accepted that Rohit was his son.
Rohit had in 2007 filed the paternity suit claiming the veteran Congress leader and Sharma be declared as his biological parents.
Besides serving as chief minister of UP thrice and Uttarakhand once, Tiwari served as Governor of Andhra Pradesh between 2007 to 2009, when his name figured in a sex scandal and he had to resign.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh