ND Tiwari declares Rohit Shekhar as his political `heir`
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari on Wednesday declared his wife Ujjwala Sharma and his son Rohit Shekhar as his legal `heirs`.
Reports quoted Tiwari as saying that Rohit will be his family and political `heir`.
The mother-son duo, on their part, thanked Tiwari reposing his faith in them.
Tiwari had married Ujjwala Sharma in May this year after a six-year-old legal battle.
Tiwari, the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, was involved in a lengthy legal battle with Sharma, a retired teacher, to accept Shekhar as his biological son.
The Delhi High Court had on April 22 held that Tiwari was the biological father of Rohit. Ahead of the court verdict, Tiwari had accepted that Rohit was his son.
Rohit had in 2007 filed the paternity suit claiming the veteran Congress leader and Sharma be declared as his biological parents.
Besides serving as chief minister of UP thrice and Uttarakhand once, Tiwari served as Governor of Andhra Pradesh between 2007 to 2009, when his name figured in a sex scandal and he had to resign.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims