ND Tiwari moves HC for in-camera proceeding
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court seeking a direction to keep DNA test findings "confidential" and to hold in-camera proceedings in a paternity suit filed by a Delhi-based youth who claims to be his biological son.
87-year-old Tiwari, in his fresh application, said "Direct all concerned to comply with the directions passed by the Supreme Court....And let the DNA report be completely sealed and confidential till conclusion of entire trial or alternatively at reasonable appropriate stage in the suit."
Tiwari had given blood sample for the DNA test on May 29 at his residence in Dehradun following a Supreme Court order in the case.
Referring to one of the Supreme Court orders, the application said that it has been made clear that the DNA report will remain confidential till the conclusion of "reasonable appropriate and proportionate trial."
"Pass appropriate directions to conduct entire trial and all proceedings relating to the civil suit in-camera," the application said, adding that the youth Rohit and his mother "are leaving no stone unturned to get the report unsealed and make it public to attract undue media attraction without completion of trial."
Hyderabad-based Centre For DNA Finger Prints and Diagnostic has recently submitted in sealed cover the DNA reports of Tiwari, Rohit and his mother Ujjawala Sharma before the Delhi High Court.
The High Court, in its April 27 order, had ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit and had also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the veteran leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack