ND Tiwari moves HC for in-camera proceeding
New Delhi: Veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court seeking a direction to keep DNA test findings "confidential" and to hold in-camera proceedings in a paternity suit filed by a Delhi-based youth who claims to be his biological son.
87-year-old Tiwari, in his fresh application, said "Direct all concerned to comply with the directions passed by the Supreme Court....And let the DNA report be completely sealed and confidential till conclusion of entire trial or alternatively at reasonable appropriate stage in the suit."
Tiwari had given blood sample for the DNA test on May 29 at his residence in Dehradun following a Supreme Court order in the case.
Referring to one of the Supreme Court orders, the application said that it has been made clear that the DNA report will remain confidential till the conclusion of "reasonable appropriate and proportionate trial."
"Pass appropriate directions to conduct entire trial and all proceedings relating to the civil suit in-camera," the application said, adding that the youth Rohit and his mother "are leaving no stone unturned to get the report unsealed and make it public to attract undue media attraction without completion of trial."
Hyderabad-based Centre For DNA Finger Prints and Diagnostic has recently submitted in sealed cover the DNA reports of Tiwari, Rohit and his mother Ujjawala Sharma before the Delhi High Court.
The High Court, in its April 27 order, had ordered Tiwari to undergo the DNA test in the paternity suit and had also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on the veteran leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi